POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cone of Ligh : Re: Cone of Ligh Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cone of Ligh
From: Dearmad
Date: 13 Jan 2002 19:48:29
Message: <3C422C3F.3C967128@applesnake.net>
Mitchell Waite wrote:

> Do I need a pigment? If so what color? And should I be able to see it when I

Yes you need a pigment.  COlor?  Depends on what *your* light
looks like.

> click on Preview in the Materials Editor? And do I turn Reflection on? How

Light does in and of itself reflect, correct?  So your light
should probably not reflect either... although that might be an
interesting effect- if the particles you are simulating reflect,
then... maybe, but NO is the quick answer.

> about shadows on the cone object, should it be on or off. I find that with
Off, right?  Just try to imagine what your light would look like
shining through dust.

> it on and the value set to .20 it is begining to look like a cone. Its not
> glowing however.

Not unless you make it glow.  You need to pair it to the actual
light it is trying to make apparent, so that it illuminates at it
shines.  Does that make sense?

A lot about raytracing is thinking of the effect you want, not
how to simulate reality, but the appearence of it.